How and How Long:
Approximate project time: 1.5 hours.
- Place plaques on newspaper to protect work area.
- Spray one coat of Ruddy Brown Primer on front, back and sides of project, following manufacturer’s instructions. Let dry.
- Spray entire project with Georgia Clay, following manufacturer's instructions. Let dry.
- Spray light mist of water over entire plaque. Dampen sponge.
- Wearing rubber gloves, spray Flat White into disposable plastic tub to form a puddle of paint. Dip sponge lightly into paint. Wipe off any excess on newspaper or scrap paper. Dab lightly and evenly on entire project.
- Lightly spray a fine mist of Georgia Clay. Let dry.
- Spray Flat White into disposable plastic tub to form another puddle of paint. Dip sponge lightly into paint, wipe off excess and dab highlights on project. Let dry thoroughly.
- For added protection of your finished project, spray several light coats of Krylon® Matte Finish as a final step. For projects that will be used outdoors or near a window, use Krylon® UV-Resistant Matte Finish.